Possibly the single most important facet of loving yourself is taking great care of your emotional self. What you believe is true about yourself illustrates the degree to which you love and accept yourself. Talking about self-love is really important to me because we often believe self-love is just about candle-lit bubble baths and binge watching our favorite show, (which I do at least 3x a week, don’t get me wrong.) But self-love is a lot more than that, It’s something we work towards every day. I’m sharing a few of the many ways we can show ourselves love each day.
5 Ways To Mentally Love Yourself
- Be Willing To Listen/Have an Open Mind: I wasn’t the girl who listened to podcasts or books and I certainly wasn’t willing to hear what anyone had to say about being a better person. I was the girl who rolled my eyes at anything motivational because of my own insecurities and pride. When I admitted to myself that in order to change I needed help and a push in a different direction, that’s when the transformation began. Doing the same thing every day will not get you a different result. Be willing to change the music you listen to, what messages do you want to hear each day? How much time are you spending watching TV or on social media? Who are you letting influence you? Every single one of us is an “influencer” – we influence the people around us every single day. It’s happening to you and it’s happening to me. Make sure you’re choosing the right people to influence you.
- Compliment yourself: When was the last time you said to yourself, dang I love [this] about myself? We spend all our time focusing on what we don’t like about ourselves instead of what we do like. I’m guilty of this, too. We see someone else and immediately look at what we wish we had of theirs. Instead of saying, “ya, that is beautiful and great, but guess what, so am I.” Try it next time you find yourself talking negatively.
- Feed Your Mind: Books, podcasts, devotionals… there are so many resources out there that have changed the way I view myself and others. Never. Stop. Learning. It’s not just important to exercise our bodies, but our minds, too! Our mindset is the most powerful thing. You can go from struggling and self-hate to confident and motivated with the switch of your mindset. So it’s important that each day you start with a clear mind to fill and feed with all the wisdom and inspiration you need.
- Forgive Yourself: The most powerful thing you could do is to forgive yourself. We carry to much shame and guilt in our lives when we don’t need to. You are forgiven, so why haven’t you forgiven yourself? There is no shame in your past. Believe that you are worthy of love, you are worth caring for and you are worth investing in yourself for a better life and future. Let go of those burdens that are holding you back from living a free life. You are forgiven.
- Believe In Yourself: Pay attention to your thoughts. Another way that you can cultivate self-confidence and love is to listen to your internal dialog. Your fears can lurk in the words you use to describe yourself. Instead of saying, “I won’t be good at this,” try, “How can I make myself better?” You weren’t born with any limiting beliefs. You learned every single one of them. We all learn to limit ourselves unfairly. Give yourself the credit you deserve and believe it.
5 Ways To Physically Love Yourself
Before we get started I want to make it clear that appearance is not what makes you worthy, loved, beautiful, or better than anyone else. However, when we regularly take care of ourselves we naturally feel better! Leading to massive mental breakthroughs. It could be getting your eyebrows waxed, your hair cut, staying active or even getting some sun. I know that when I’m well kept, I feel so much more confident!
- Exercise: It might seem obvious, yet there are still so many people who don’t take 30 minutes of their day to treat their body right with exercise. Not every workout has to be a sweaty one, it doesn’t have to be long, or taxing on your body. But just move! Go for a walk before or after work, wake up 30 minutes early and do one of my HIIT workouts! Pull up a YouTube video of your favorite yoga class. Just move your body! Things start to fall into place with our minds, and nutrition when we give our bodies some love!
- Good Eats: Specifically whole and natural foods. Eat to fuel your body and heal yourself from within. Foods that will give you energy! I’m all about that alkaline diet. I share all about how I stopped my bloating in my Bye-Bye, Bloat E-book and that is strongly through an alkaline diet! Spend money and time caring for what you put in your body now so that later in life you can play with your kids, and be there for every part of their life and live YOURS to the fullest.
- Massages, etc.: When is the last time you got a massage or went to the chiropractor? We hold so much tension in our bodies and we often think it’s a “want” to go “treat ourselves” to a massage. That’s just not true, it’s extremely important to recover and re-align your body. So many people deal with pain in their lives thinking that it’s normal or age but believe me, it’s not. Show yourself some love and book that massage.
- Acknowledge What Your Body Does For You: One aspect of loving yourself is realizing everything your body allows you to do. Your mobility, your ability to use your hands to manipulate objects, and the energy that sustains you through a challenging day are all thanks to your body. Your physical self holds up for you under plenty of pressure on any given day. Cultivate gratitude for how your body does pretty much everything you require. Love your body.
- Sleep More: Unless you’re one of the lucky ones, you’re most likely on the short end of getting enough sleep. Strive for seven to eight hours each night to show love to yourself. You will be amazed at what good sleep can do for you. Set up your nightly routine to ensure great sleep. Acknowledge that obtaining proper rest and sleep is on your priority list. The more sleep you get the more energy you’ll have. And that means more enthusiasm and love to give to others and to yourself.
I hope these tips inspired you to live a free life full of LOVE for yourself. We all have the ability to change and there is nothing selfish or egotistical about loving yourself and proving it every single day.
all my love,
Comments Off on How to Physically and Mentally Love Yourself – 10 Tips